The UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW-Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the Greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society; and
- community building on- or off campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
How to nominate:
Prepare a nomination packet to include the following:
1. A Letter of Nomination
2. Two additional letters of support from the Nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member)
3. The Nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
Nominations are due by Wednesday, July 13, 2016. Send the nomination packet in print or electronic format (preferred) to: Rex Loehe, Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost & Chief Diversity Officer, 109 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Dr., Madison WI 53706, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee comprising students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards. A complete list of previous UW-Madison and UW System Awardees can be found here.
UW-Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2016 will be announced on Sept. 1, 2016. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held year’s celebratory event will be held Tuesday, Oct. 4 from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Alumni Lounge of the Pyle Center, hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer.