The Wisconsin Agricultural and Life Sciences Alumni Association (WALSAA) recently continued its proud tradition of promoting student excellence at UW–Madison. After receiving a number of applications, the WALSAA scholarship committee narrowed down its search for the Top 10 Outstanding Sophomores through a rigorous pre-screening process that focused equally on academic achievement, campus involvement/leadership, community service and relevant experience. From there, only a chosen few were selected to interview in front of a panel of three WALSAA board members. Ten final awardees were selected based on interview performance.
WALSAA’s Outstanding Sophomore Awardees for 2016 include:
• Faith Bowman, Milwaukee, Genetics
• Clara Cole, Colgate, Animal Science/Poultry Science
• Claire Gietzel, Monticello, Agronomy
• Sara Griswold, Black Earth, Life Sciences Communication
• Charles Hamilton, Cuba City, Dairy Science
• Abigail Martin, Janesville, Dairy Science
• Mariah Martin, Brooklyn, Life Sciences Communication
• Jessica Miller, Germantown, Genetics
• Bradley Morgan, Fond du Lac, Biology
• Austin Wenck, East Troy, Animal Science
WALSAA (Wisconsin Agricultural and Life Sciences Alumni Association) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the connection of students, faculty and alumni to the University of Wisconsin’s College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, known as CALS. Established in 1972, WALSAA has embarked on a remarkable journey of service and fellowship with alumni and friends of CALS. For more information on WALSAA visit www.walsaa.org.This entry was posted in student honors, Undergraduate student scholarships and tagged students, scholarships, WALASAA, sophomores by . Bookmark the permalink.