The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) is pleased to announce a Request for Applications for PCF Challenge Awards for investigations of metastatic, lethal prostate cancer. These awards will be funded depending on the level of innovation in applications received. High risk, currently unfunded projects are most desired.
The Movember Foundation will fund approximately five (5) Movember Foundation-PCF Challenge Awards from U.S.-based teams with money it has raised in the U.S.
The V Foundation will co-fund one (1) Challenge Award in the area of Immunotherapy of Prostate Cancer. Meritorious applications from the U.S. and Canada will be considered for this award.
Several additional PCF Challenge Awards to institutions from within or outside the U.S. will be funded through other funding sources.
PCF Challenge Awards:
- Team science awards are composed of at least three (3) investigators from non-profit academic research centers, including one young investigator.
- Support large-scale research projects concerning metastatic, lethal prostate cancer over a duration of two years.
- Provide up to a total of $1 million per team.
- Cover only direct research costs and travel to the Annual PCF Scientific Retreat.
Research proposals in the following topic areas are preferred:
- Immunotherapy for the treatment of metastatic, lethal prostate cancer.
- New systemic treatments for metastatic, lethal prostate cancer including those targeting the currently ‘undruggable’.
- First-in-field research on new targets for systemic treatment of metastatic, lethal prostate cancer.
- Mechanisms of resistance to current and investigational drugs targeting the androgen receptor and androgen axis, immune system and chemotherapy.
- Correlative research around either clinical trials of novel agents or strategies or standard of care.
- Developing or validating biomarkers that guide therapy in patients or further our understanding of the mechanisms by which therapies work.
- Tumor microenvironment signaling related to cancer progression including the immune component.
- New bioinformatics technologies for analysis of genomic data.
The online application submission portal will go live at https://pcf.smartsimple.com on Monday, February 29, 2016. The deadline for application submission is Friday, April 29, 2016, 3:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Please direct questions to email@example.com.