UW-Madison announced the results of John and Tashia Morgridge’s matching gift to support endowed faculty positions. Their gift totals $124 million, exceeding their original challenge of $100 million.
Several CALS’s programs will benefit from the Morgridge’s generosity. Their matching gift will support the following endowed faculty positions:
- The Clif Bar and Organic Valley Chair in Plant Breeding for Organic Agriculture, matched by a gift from both organizations
- A yet-to-be named chair in Bacteriology established by an anonymous donor
- The Henry C. Taylor Professorship in Agricultural and Applied Economics, matched by AAE alumnus Robert Miller
- The Patrick Walsh and Noreen Warren Endowed Professorship in Biological Systems Engineering, matched by the former BSE chair and his wife
- The Owen R. Fennema Professorship in Food Science, matched by multiple donors to the fund
- The James F. Crow Professorship in Genetics, matched by multiple donors