The UW’s EH&S – Fire & Life Safety unit in partnership with UW-Housing and the Madison Fire Department will be hosting the 1st Annual UW-Madison Campus Fire Safety Month this coming September. Dates for the events are September 3rd, September 10th and September 17th.
Campus Fire Safety Month is recognized across the United States and supported by many of the Nation’s Governors. The event’s purpose is to raise fire and life safety awareness on college campuses. EH&S – Fire & Life Safety plans to make this an annual event on the UW-Madison campus.
Events scheduled for this year’s 1st Annual UW-Madison Campus Fire Safety Month include the following interactive and hands-on events. There will also be raffles and giveaways taking place at each event. The scheduled activities include:
- Fire Safety House
- Fire Sprinkler Trailer
- Hands-on fire extinguisher training (including live fire)
- “Test your fire safety knowledge” quiz
- Firefighter turnout gear to try on and wear
- Fire department training dummy drag
- Insurance representative discussing renter’s insurance and smoke detector agreements
- UWPD drunk goggles
- Madison Fire Department fire trucks