WARF is seeking graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to serve as WARF Ambassadors for the 2015-16 academic year. WARF Ambassadors help enhance the vital connection between research and tech transfer by increasing WARF’s visibility on campus.
Why become a WARF Ambassador?
- Deepen connections within your department and across campus
- Network and collaborate with faculty, students and staff
- Increase knowledge of WARF and the importance of intellectual property and tech transfer at a university
- Gain experience in leading events on campus and speaking to diverse audiences
- Discover alternative careers in science
What do Ambassadors do?
- Increase understanding and awareness of WARF’s role across campus by creating opportunities for WARF staff to connect with researchers, including graduate students and postdocs
- Help set up sessions across campus to discuss WARF’s technology commercialization process
- Encourage students, staff and faculty to contact WARF with new inventions and questions
- Present information about WARF at campus poster sessions
- Participate in developing and planning the annual WARF Discovery Challenge Research Symposium
Who should apply?
Graduate students or postdocs in scientific or technical disciplines who have completed most of their coursework and are able to commit up to 10 hours per month to the program are encouraged to apply. Particularly strong applicants are energetic; effective at networking with students, faculty and staff on campus; and have an interest in the process of moving discoveries from early concept to the marketplace.
Apply at the WARF Career Portal by 5 p.m. on Monday, August 12, 2015
Once an online profile has been created, you will receive a survey application. This survey application must be completed no later than August 12, 2015 (5 p.m.). Interviews will be conducted August 31 – September 9. Ambassadors are required to participate in the training program on Monday, September 21, and Friday, September 25, at WARF.
Visit warf.org/ambassadors for more information.This entry was posted in Student opportunities, Position openings by Nicole. Bookmark the permalink.