Deadline for Internal Review: July 15, 2015
*Due to the discontinuance of the Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowship Program and the Burroughs Wellcome Fund Investigators Program decision to no longer limit the number of applications an institution may submit, there will not be a Fall 2015 Institutional Nomination & Internal Competition (INIC).
The Searle Scholars Program makes grants to selected academic institutions to support the independent research of outstanding early-career scientists who have recently been appointed as assistant professors on a tenure-track appointment. Candidates should have begun their appointment as an independent investigator at the assistant professor level on or after July 1, 2014. Applicants for awards which will be activated on July 1, 2016 will be expected to be pursuing independent research careers in biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology, and related areas in chemistry, medicine, and the biological sciences.
The Searle Scholars Program selection committee is primarily interested in the potential of the applicant to make innovative and high-impact contributions to research over an extended period of time.
Amount per Award: $300,000
Duration of Award: 3 Years
Number of Awards: 15 new grants annually
UW–Madison may nominate 2 candidates.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
- Cover sheet that includes the applicant’s departmental affiliation, full contact information and the applicant’s appointment begin date.
- CV or Biosketch including publications and current/pending support (3 pages)
- Most significant research to date (1 page)
- General research description and statement of research goals (3-4 pages)
- One letter of support from the department chair, thesis/postdoc adviser or other recommender is strongly encouraged
Sponsor Due Date
Applications are due to the sponsor by September 30, 2015.
Contact Dave Schuster (608) 263-7274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.This entry was posted in Funding Opportunities, Research by daley2. Bookmark the permalink.