The 2015 Teaching and Learning Symposium aims to bring us together to share ideas, strengthen collaboration, and take risks so we can accelerate progress toward excellent educational experiences for our students and for ourselves.
We seek proposals for engaging sessions and posters that spotlight active learning in all corners of UW–Madison, for example:
1. Approaches that change the learning environment of traditional classrooms by rethinking the role of engagement, research, or technology;
2. Learning innovations that span disciplines;
3. Collaborations that enable us to be more effective and efficient;
4. Student engagement in new modes of learning that augment and enhance their educational experiences; or
5. Models that improve learning outcomes and academic achievement for all students.
Faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students are all welcome to submit proposals to lead a session or present a poster.
Proposed presentations should be 60 minutes long and feature clear plans for the audience to participate in the session. Posters submissions should have a clear purpose and connect to the symposium theme. Presentation and poster submission forms are available here.
Contact Sheila Stoeckel, Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need more information.