The WAES call for proposals is generally released during the summer with a proposal deadline in the beginning of September. Funding decisions are announced between December and January, annually. Projects begin October 1st the following year.
FY 2016 Call for Proposals
New/Important this year:
- Opportunity for five-year proposals – prior approval deadline August 8th
- Updated budget request guidelines
- Expanded USDA priority goals
- Submission of reviewer names
- Hatch Projects (individual investigator, multidisciplinary, and multistate)
- McIntire-Stennis (M-S) Projects (individual investigator and multidisciplinary)
Funding Period: FY 2016 (October 1, 2015- September 30, 2016)
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 5, 2014, by 4:30 p.m.
Submit proposals to the CALS Research Division Office via WISPER. Requests for deadline extensions will not be granted.
- Proposals received after 4:30pm on September 5, 2014 will not be considered.
- Proposals must be submitted via the WISPER system.
- Proposals must include all approvals (Chair/Administrator/Co-PIs) in order to be considered.
- Attachments to the WISPER record must include budget worksheet, as well as a full proposal.
NOTE: The budget worksheet now includes a timeline component. This additional tab in the budget worksheet document must be completed in order for proposals to be considered.
- Document type selected must be “Hatch”
- Proposals must be routed to Casey Hillmer.
Review Schedule: October-November 2014
Funding Decisions Announced: December 2014 – January 2015
- FY16 Call for Proposals (full call document)
- Proposal Cover Page & Worksheets for Project Budgets (MS Excel spreadsheet)
See the Budget Worksheet Guide for additional information on completing this document.
If you are using a Mac – once changes have been made to the Excel spreadsheet, save it as an MS Excel Workbook (File > Save As > MS Excel Workbook)