If you wanted to get up to speed on precision agriculture, Wisconsin Farm Technology Days was a good place to start. That was Dean Kate VandenBosch’s focus when she spent last Thursday at WFTD 2014. The three-day event is the state’s big all-agriculture trade show.

“Everywhere I go, I’m hearing about new innovations involving remote sensing being used for different applications looking at different parameters,” she says. “The equipment companies are interested, the seed and biotech companies are interested. Our faculty are bringing it up, and of course so are the growers.

“It’s an exciting time and changes are coming very fast. I wanted to increase my knowledge base, and Farm Technology Days was a great place to do it. There were lots of things going on in that area and I had a wonderful tour guide: Brian Luck was ready to show me around.”

Among the wide variety of precision ag technologies being demonstrated at the show was a moisture sensor system being developed by a CALS team than includes John Panuska in biological systems engineering.

This entry was posted in Around CALS by . Bookmark the permalink.