There’s another big birthday to celebrate at CALS! The Department of Bacteriology is 100 years old this year and will host a centennial celebration on Saturday, August 30, 2014 to commemorate this milestone. The full-day event will feature talks, a poster session, tours of the Microbial Sciences Building, a plaque dedication, a beer tasting event and plenty of opportunities for socializing.
While there is no charge to participate, attendees are asked to please register for the event online so the department can know how much food to order.
Check the centennial event webpage for updates. Also, be sure to read the department’s new Alumni Newsletter (note: this pdf is best viewed in two-page format), which provides details about the plaque dedication, as well as a wide variety of news and updates about the department.
Tentative centennial celebration program:
- Raper Symposium (short research talks from faculty and alumni)
- Lunch buffet
- Poster session
- Tours of the Microbial Sciences Building
- ASM Milestones in Microbiology plaque dedication
- Presentation to John Lindquist on the occasion of his retirement
- Sensory analysis training/beer tasting event
- Badger football game vs LSU (in Houston) is at 8:00 PM. Watch it on our big screen in the Ebling Symposium Center
- Continental Breakfast
This entry was posted in Highlights and tagged bacteriology by email@example.com. Bookmark the permalink.