Each spring, student leaders in the CALS Student Association put together CALS Week, a series of events designed to bring the CALS community together to enjoy spring and to celebrate our great college.
In particular, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in:
- CALS Week Food Drive, April 21 – 25. Drop off non-perishable food items at marked locations in Ag Hall, Animal Sciences, Biochemistry and Steenbock Library.
- CALS Undergraduate Research Symposium, April 22. Stop by the Microbial Sciences Building and support CALS’ undergraduate researchers.
- Ag Day on Campus, April 23. Grab breakfast or lunch at the University Club, which has teamed up with the UW-Madison’s Collegiate Farm Bureau to put together a special Ag Day-inspired menu featuring lots of locally-grown ingredients. On your way to or from, be sure to say hello to our Collegiate Farm Bureau students, who will be serving free samples of yummy local foods to students and other passers-by on Library Mall.
- 19th annual Breakfast on the Farm (BOTF), April 27. Enjoy a warm and hearty farm breakfast cooked by members of the Association for Women in Agriculture—as well as a petting zoo, educational activities and a visit from Bucky Badger—at the UW Stock Pavilion. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for senior citizens (65+), $5 for students (K-UW), $3 for children ages 5 and under. Get a dollar off admission if you bring three canned food items to donate to the Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin.
- Dairy Dash, April 27. Before digging in at Breakfast on the Farm, participate in AGR – Iota’s inaugural Dairy Dash, a fun, farm-themed run to benefit the Brain Injury Association of America. Come dressed as a farmer—or a cow—if you feel like it!
This entry was posted in Highlights by Nicole. Bookmark the permalink.