College of Letters and Science Academic Planning Council Meeting
in Joint Session with College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Academic Planning Council
Meeting Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Meeting Time: 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Location: 260 Bascom Hall
The first portion of this meeting will be convened in joint session with the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Academic Planning Council. Per Faculty Policies and Procedures 3.08, each dean shall lead discussion of her and his college council, and action on items presented for a vote will be taken up as individual items by each.
- Request for Comment: Proposal to Create a New Certificate in Nelson Institute Sustainability (both councils are asked to vote on whether to support)
- Information Items:
Please note that each council may be asked when committees convene separately to take action on some of the items below.
- Deans’ Report to the Provost concerning progress made implementing changes to the Biology Major (18 December 2013)
- Proposal to Consider Biology Core Curriculum Program as an “Honors” Program
- Request to Discontinue the Community and Environmental Sociology MS program
- Proposal to Create a New Undergraduate Certificate in Development Economics
SEPARATE SESSION: CALS Action and Discussion Items
- Review agenda
- Revisions to current agenda
- Review minutes, February 3, 2014
- CIAS Governance guidelines (1st time, info/discussion)
- 30-Credit Masters update (info)
- Guidelines for undergraduate independent/directed study update (info)
- Biochemistry review (integrated graduate program, discussion)
- APC self study subcommittee report (discussion)
- Strategic Planning Priority Theme updates (info)
This entry was posted in People and Departments, Workplace, Uncategorized by mccusky2. Bookmark the permalink.