The CALS administrative team has given the go-ahead to fill six of the 13 faculty positions that departments had requested this spring. The six were approved following a review process that included written proposals, presentations by department chairs and ranking by the CALS Academic Planning Council. In addition to the six already approved, several of the remaining positions are under review and the administrative team anticipates that at least two of them will also be approved in the weeks ahead.
The positions to be filled are in these departments and areas of expertise:
- Biochemistry – biomolecular nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Food science — food chemistry
- Horticulture — fruit crop production (Extension specialist)
- Landscape architecture — environment and behavior (joint with SoHE)
- Nutritional sciences — human nutrition
- Plant pathology — turfgrass pathology (Extension specialist)