The UW-Madison Office of Community Relations in the Office of University Relations, the Community Partnerships and Outreach (CPO) Staff Network and the Morgridge Center for Public Service are pleased to announce the reinstatement of the Community-University Partnership Awards to recognize the work of UW-Madison faculty, staff and students and their community partners as they address pressing public issues in Madison and the surrounding region. These awards offer an opportunity to thank our community partners and highlight exemplary partnerships that get to the heart of the Wisconsin Idea—community members and UW-Madison personnel working collaboratively to transform our campus and communities for the public good.
All nominated community-university partnerships that meet basic criteria will receive a certificate of appreciation. Of those nominated, a set of exemplary partnerships will be selected and recognized at a private reception with UW-Madison Interim Chancellor David Ward at Olin House on June 12, 2013, from 5:00-7:00 pm.
We encourage you to nominate partnerships for the Community-University Partnership Awards to acknowledge the value of the contributions made by community partners, raise the profile of engagement work on campus and congratulate the practitioners who facilitate Wisconsin Idea projects. Nominations must be completed at https://uwmadison.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0TK3S9VV6fioZUh by March 22, 2013.
We encourage submissions that meet the following criteria:
- Nominator must be a UW-Madison faculty, staff or student. A non-university partner must be identified.
- Partnership must be active in Madison or Dane County at the time of nomination and have been active during some portion of the previous fiscal year (July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012).
To recognize exemplary partnerships, the selection committee will prioritize community-university partnerships that:
- Embody the original spirit of the Wisconsin Idea by contributing to a vibrant, inclusive, participatory democracy.
- Are sustained beyond one event/activity.
- Demonstrate a relationship characterized by respect, equity and engagement in all phases of the partnership.
- Build the capacity of both community and university partners to address the target issue(s).
- Result in measurable community change related to the target issue(s).
- If selected, will be represented by at least one member of the university team and one member of the partner organization team at the awards reception on June 12, 2013.
If you have questions about the awards or the application process, please contact Molly Schwebach at 265-6712 or email@example.com.This entry was posted in Calls to nominate by . Bookmark the permalink.