The Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE JPI) has just announced a call for proposals for international, multi-partner research on agricultural greenhouse gas (GHG).
Letters of intent by consortia of institutions from three eligible countries (including at least one European country) are due by Mar 27, 2013.
Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA.
Proposals must address at least one of the following Themes and at least one of the following Topics.
- Theme 1: Improved methodologies for quantifying GHG emissions and removals in agricultural systems and in national inventories.
- Theme 2: Study of mitigation options at the field, animal and manure management scales with quantification of their technical potential for a range of agricultural systems and regions.
- Theme 3: Quantification of the costs and benefits and of the impacts for food production and for the environment of GHG mitigation options.
- Topic 1: Greenhouse gas emissions in the agriculture sector arising from agricultural soils including crops and grasslands, domestic livestock and waste management systems.
- Topic 2: Greenhouse gas removals, e.g. through carbon sequestration in agricultural soils.
- Topic 3: Lifecycle of agricultural and food products. GHG mitigation studies taking account of other sectors such as industry, transport, energy and land use change that add to the net greenhouse gas emissions.