The CALS Research Division has released a call for proposals for its annual Hatch and McIntire-Stennis capital exercise. The full call and request form are available from: http://www.cals.wisc.edu/waes/capex.html
Requests are due by Friday, January 4, 2013.
Policy Change for FY2013
Projects ending during the upcoming fiscal year are now eligible for CapEx funds. Strong justification for equipment purchases during the last year of a project is required.
Requests should be made using the form provided at the link above and submitted via email to Casey Hillmer firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Hatch and McIntire-Stennis capital exercise is an opportunity to fund requests for major items used to support these research programs, per the following guidelines:
- Requested items must directly benefit Hatch or McIntire-Stennis project research.
- Multiple-user equipment benefiting several investigators receives priority consideration.
- No office/administrative equipment can be purchased in this exercise.
- Requests for standard desktop/laptop computers receive low priority.
- Equipment costing less than $5,000 will be considered, even though these items fall into the “Supplies and Expenses” category, as defined by campus.
- Projects ending during FY2013 (9/30/13) are eligible for this exercise, but projects beginning during FY2014 (10/1/2013) are not.
- At least 50% matching from a non-142 project is required for all requested items.