We hope to see a huge crowd from CALS at the UW-Madison Day at the State Fair, but if you can’t get there, you can still help UW–Madison make a difference by donating school supplies for Milwaukee Public Schools. You can find donation boxes at many campus locations—though we’d love to see an overflowing box in Ag Hall:
- Agricultural Hall, 1450 Linden Drive
- Welcome Center, 21 N. Park St.
- Union South – Campus and Community Information Welcome Desk, 1308 W. Dayton St.
- Camp Randall Welcome Center, inside Gate 1 of the stadium in Kellner Hall.
- Wisconsin Alumni Association, 650 North Lake Street
- Steenbock Memorial Library, 550 Babcock Drive
- Ebling Library, Health Sciences Learning Center, 750 Highland Ave.
Here’s what’s needed (donations must be new, unused and in their original packaging).
- Wide-ruled spiral notebooks
- Pocket folders in primary colors
- Fiskars blunt tip kid friendly scissors
- Box of 12 or 24 colored pencils
- Package of loose leaf paper (wide-ruled)
- Package of 12 or 24 pencils
- Box of Crayola Colored Markers (“classic colors”)
- Box or package of 12 or 24 glue sticks
- Package of 4 Expo dry erase markers
- Box of highlighters
- Box of large pink erasers
- Boxes of Ziploc bags (quart and gallon size)
- Bottles of Purell Instant Hand Sanitizer (8 oz. size)
During last year’s UW–Madison Day at the Wisconsin State Fair, 55 fifty-gallon-sized bags of school supplies were collected to benefit Milwaukee Public Schools.