The Research Division is conducting a Hatch and McIntire-Stennis capital exercise to fund requests for major equipment used to support these research programs. Please submit your FY 2011-2012 Hatch/McIntire-Stennis Capital Priority List as an email attachment to Angie Seitler, email@example.com, no later than Friday, January 6, 2012. You will be notified by Friday, January 20, 2012, regarding the items that have been approved for purchase. Requisitions for funded items will be due by Friday, February 17, 2012 (if requisitions are not received by this deadline, funding may not be available).
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Prepare your department’s capital priority list considering the following:
1. Use the list form to list equipment requests, current prices, faculty users, and their Hatch or McIntire-Stennis project numbers. All equipment listed must be prioritized.
(The FY 2011-2012 Hatch/McIntire-Stennis Capital Priority List form can also be downloaded from our website at: http://www.cals.wisc.edu/waes/capital/proposals.html
2. The requested equipment must directly benefit Hatch or McIntire-Stennis project research. Multiple-user equipment benefiting several investigators will receive priority consideration. For multiple-user equipment, identify faculty users who have Hatch or McIntire-Stennis projects and list sources of matching funds that are available to help fund the requests.
3. No office/administrative equipment can be purchased in this exercise. Requests for research computers will receive low priority and, if approved, will be subject to at least a 50% matching fund requirement.
4. Equipment costing less than $5,000 will be considered even though these fall into the “Supplies and Expenses” category as defined by campus.
5. Projects terminating on 09/30/12 are not eligible for this exercise.
6. Projects beginning on 10/01/12 are not eligible for this exercise.
7. At least a 50% match from flexible funds is required.
8. Other 142 projects cannot be used as the 50% match.
Please feel free to contact Angie Seitler (261-1432) if you have questions.