Reminder: The primary student move-in days are August 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31, with the biggest crowds coming next Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Some streets will be closed or limited to one-way traffic. Some parking lots close to the residence halls will also be used for “unloading only.”
- August 25: International students and approved special groups move-in. Approximately 550 residents move-in across campus.
- August 27: Ogg and Sellery Halls move-in. Approximately 750 residents move-in at these two halls.
- August 28: Housing staff and approved special groups move-in. Approximately 1900 residents move-in across campus.
- August 30 and 31: General move-in days. Approximately 2000 residents move-in across the campus each day.
In order to accommodate students and their parents as they unload their cars; the following streets/traffic flow will be affected on August 28, 30 and 31.
1) Observatory Drive from Charter Street to Babcock Drive will be restricted to primarily move-in traffic and will be one-way west.
2) Elm Drive north from Observatory Drive will be restricted to primarily move-in traffic and will be one-way north.
3) Lake Street between Johnson and Dayton Streets will be closed to traffic.
Several parking lots will be used for move-in unloading. This will severely limit spaces and will require faculty and staff to seek parking in other lots.