Marc Gartler of the Madison Public Library has invited UW-Madison Science Alliance and the Biology Outreach Club to develop a new series of science presentations geared for general adult audiences. The series, called Discovery!Thursdays, will run Thursday evenings starting at 6:30 p.m. at various branches of the Madison Public Library.
If you’re familiar with PLATO Frontiers in Life Sciences, or at Wednesday Nite @ The Lab, you have a general idea what the new program entails. The format is a40 minute presentation, with power point if you like, followed by an open-ended period of Q&A and discussion.
Please share this invitation with friends, colleagues or co-workers whom you think might enjoy a chance to share their science with a general adult audience.
Please consider giving a talk at one of your neighborhood branches of the Madison Public Library.
For more information or to sign up contact:
Tom Zinnen, 608 265 2420, email@example.com
Discovery!Thursdays at Branches of the Madison Public Library.
- 21-Apr Sequoya: Michael Botts, Biomolecular Chemistry:
- 28-Apr Alicia Ashman: Sharon Jaffe
- 5-May Goodman South Madison: Dana Huebert Lima
- 12-May Hawthorne: Tom Zinnen
- 19-May Meadowridge
- 26-May Pinney
- 2-Jun Goodman South Madison
- 9-Jun Lakeview
16-Jun Alicia Ashman
7-Jul Meadowridge Ashlan Musante
4-Aug Goodman South Madison
11-Aug Alicia Ashman
1-Sep Goodman South Madison
If you’d like to present please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. title of your talk
2. a description of your talk
3. your bio, including your UW-Madison affiliation as you’d like it to appear on the schedule
4. a photo of yourself
5. 2 or 3 links to websites that would help learners find out more about your topic
This entry was posted in Extension and Outreach by . Bookmark the permalink.