Badgerland Financial is proud to serve agriculture and rural Wisconsin, and we have been committed to doing so for more than 90 years. Enriching rural lives and communities is a vision we take seriously and strive to achieve in all we do.
We are pleased to support the agricultural and rural leaders of tomorrow by introducing an all-new scholarship program to support students as they work towards completing their education. We are proud to now offer two, $2,000 scholarships to rising junior or senior level students in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
*Note: These scholarships are in addition to a scholarship program offered to incoming freshman students.
Applicant must be:
1. A rising junior or senior in good standing with the University
2. A student pursuing studies in an agriculture-related field within CALS
3. Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Badgerland Financial will review all applications and schedule on-campus interviews with the top candidates. Announcement of scholarships recipients will be no later than May 6, 2011.
How to Apply
All applications should be directed to email@example.com. Submissions must be received no later than April 20, 2011.
Submission requirements: Cover Letter, Resume, Current Transcripts, Essay
1. Prepare a cover letter which narrates your interest in and qualifications to be considered for this scholarship program.
2. Prepare an up-to-date resume which showcases your academic, professional and leadership experience.
3. Obtain a copy of your current transcript. Unofficial student copies are acceptable. If you are selected for one of the scholarships, your grade point will be confirmed with the registrar’s office prior to payment.
4. Prepare an essay of no more than 1,000 words responding to one of the following topics:
• Answer this statement and provide a supporting argument: “______ is the single most important issue facing Wisconsin agriculture.”
• Describe the future of Wisconsin agriculture 10 years from now AND the role you would I like to play in the future of Wisconsin agriculture.
Questions? Please contact Valerie Leake at Badgerland Financial: 608.356.4903 x8895