A list of resources related to the governor’s budget repair bill is provided below. If you have questions which you need assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact your department/center administrator or staff in the CALS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or 608-265-6418.
- UW-Madison and the State Budget. Information on the New Badger Partnership, furloughs, collective bargaining, and other budget topics. Updates are posted to this site daily.
- Employee benefit and retirement FAQ. UW System Administration Human Resources and UW-Madison’s Office of Human Resources are both attempting to answer questions and explain benefit and retirement implications for all employee classes. Information on this site is updated as available.
- UW System addresses retirement and benefit implications. UW System Administration has received many questions regarding the impact of the budget repair bill and is monitoring the impact of the bill on UW System employees. This site is updated frequently as information becomes available — information is provided to better understand how the repair bill may affect individuals.
- Estimator to determine impact of budget repair bill on health insurance premium and WRS contributions. A tool which helps to estimate your deduction increases and resulting net pay.
- Potential impacts of budget repair bill on UW System employee benefits. Potential impacts are posted with daily updates highlighted.
- Office of State Employment Relations (OSER) Q&A regarding the budget repair bill
- Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) FAQ on the budget repair bill. ETF is experiencing high service demands and asks employees to review this information before contacting their office.
- Retiring on short notice. Information is provided by the Department of Employee Trust Funds regarding what individuals should know and do if they are considering retiring on short notice.
And several resources provided through UW-Extension’s Division of Cooperative Extension:
Carol Hillmer, CALS Assistant Dean