Academic Staff Institute
Friday, February 25, 2011
7:45 am – 1:00 p.m.
The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club
Dear Academic Staff Community,
Registration has opened for the 2011 Academic Staff Institute. We have a great program lined up for you this year.
We brought back some popular sessions for last year and have added some new ones as well.
Some sessions in this year’s institute will include:
- Best Practices in Performance Review
- A Panel of Local Education Reporters
- Knowing your Academic Staff Rights
- Workplace Relaxation
- Update on Collective Bargaining and Unit Clarification
- A Historical Perspective of Academic Staff Governance
President of the UW Board of Regents, Charles Pruitt will be giving the morning keynote: A Bird’s-eye View: Public Higher Education in Wisconsin from the View of a Board of Regent
Participants may attend three sessions of their choice. The cost to attend this event is only $20 and includes a breakfast buffet and luncheon (vegetarian entrees will be available). But if you are planning to join MASA, now is the time. Your registration fee, paid with personal funds, for the Academic Staff Institute will be refunded once a new membership application has been received by the MASA membership coordinator.
We hope to see you there!
To register go to:
Space is limited! Don’t wait to sign up! Registration deadline is February 18, 2011
This event is sponsored by:
- Madison Academic Staff Association (MASA)
- Office of the Provost
- Academic Staff Executive Committee (ASEC)
- Academic Staff Professional Development and Rewards Committee (PDRC)
- and Office of Human Resource Development (OHRD)