Information on requests for new passenger vehicles

A message from Phil Dunigan, CALS vehicle coordinator:

The Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) has invited state agencies to make requests for the replacement of Passenger Vehicles (sedans, station wagons, minivans, larger vans, sport utility vehicles).

These requests are for NEW vehicles but also inform me of your needs now if you want to obtain a used vehicle. We will try and match up existing fleet vehicles to new users when possible so your need for a used vehicle may match another program’s need to rid themselves of one that does not meet DOA’s replacement criteria, or one that another agency may need to dispose of.

This invitation may or may not result in a timely process for obtaining new vehicles but as an agency, UW Madison can’t find out until we make requests. As the saying goes, you can’t win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket. In the spirit of that I’m preparing CALS requests for submission but I need your input.

Please contact me via email or phone (262-2969) to discuss your vehicle replacement needs. Some of the questions I will likely ask you are: What can you tell me about your vehicle’s condition or its suitability for your business that you do? Is it meeting your needs or not, and why? If you could replace it, what would you ask for and how would it be paid for (let me help you with this question, ask me about it)? If you have no needs along these lines there is no need for you to read on and thank you for your attention to this point.

DOA’s criteria to qualify for replacement currently are at least 85,000 miles for passenger vehicles. Don’t let that stop you informing me of your needs but please include some justification for ‘low miles’ replacement such as a vehicle to duties mismatch, age and condition, or any other factor you can identify. We may be successful arguing for a lower mileage vehicle if it meets an essential use and/or is more than ten years old.

If you would like to replace your current non-passenger vehicle (such as a pickup truck) with a passenger vehicle, now is the time to make that request.

I need to hear from you or your program/department manager as soon as possible but not later than Friday 7/30/2010 in order to meet DOA’s request deadline.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call or send an email.

This entry was posted in Workplace by . Bookmark the permalink.