Ben Miller accepts position as Special Assistant to Vice Chancellor for University Relations

CALS associate dean Ben Miller has accepted a new position as Special Assistant to Vince Sweeney, UW-Madison Vice-Chancellor for University Relations. He will begin this new position on April 5. His last day in the office at CALS will be April 1. Miller joined the CALS administration team in January, 2004, after having spent six years working on the staff of U.S. Senator Herb Kohl. While at CALS he has helped oversee the college’s efforts in the area of external relations, government relations and communications.

“I’ll be doing a lot of the same things that I’ve been doing for CALS — things like outreach, stakeholder relations, communication and messaging — only at the campus level. I am excited about this new opportunity to serve the campus community and I look forward to continuing to work my friends and colleagues in CALS in this new role. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the last six years of working for CALS and our world-class faculty, staff, students, alumni and stakeholders,” Miller says.

CALS academic planner Heidi Zoerb will be taking over Ben’s responsibilities on an interim basis, with oversight of federal and state relations, corporate outreach, alumni affairs and communications. The dean’s office has begun a search for a fixed-term associate academic planner to assume Zoerb’s responsibilities for the near term. A search for a permanent external relations position is expected to begin in the fall.

This entry was posted in Milestones, People and Departments by . Bookmark the permalink.