UW Madison is pleased to announce a change in travel booking procedures. Fox World Travel, the University of Wisconsin’s travel agency partner, will soon introduce a new web-based travel booking tool called Cliqbook. Cliqbook, by Concur Technologies, will replace Travelport at all campuses.
Our campus will transition to Cliqbook on Monday, January 25, 2009.
Conversion from Travelport to Cliqbook will be simple. Most user profile information will be moved from Travelport to Cliqbook, including name, contact information, travel preferences, airline credits, frequent flyer and rewards club numbers. Existing relationships between travelers and travel arrangers (coordinators) are also being moved.
Some items that will not transfer include:
- Charge card information
- Past trip history
- Information on any upcoming trip booked in Travelport
- Guest Profiles – UW Employees set up as guests should create their own profile in Travelport prior to December 21, 2009.
The Cliqbook portal will be located at the current Travelport portal address. Your User id will be your business email address, and a generic password of cliqbook (all lower case) should be used to enter Cliqbook the first time. Please log in on January 25, 2010, and change the default password, verify that your profile information is correct and enter your charge card information. Please note: If you make changes to your Travelport profile after 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 21, 2009, that information will not be moved so you will have to update your Cliqbook profile with any new information prior to that date or after the conversion is complete.
Travelers should print off any trip receipts/itineraries/information contained in Travelport that may be required after the conversion. Trip information will not carryover from Travelport to Cliqbook and therefore it will not be available after January 25, 2010. The reservation process will not change during the transition. Fox World Travel will maintain the same level of service as always, with e-mailed changes, itineraries and invoices.
We are confident that with the conversion to Cliqbook, which offers enhanced capabilities and ease of use, UW campuses will have a higher rate of satisfaction and will increase the use of the new tool. Some of the benefits travelers and travel coordinators will realize with this conversion are:
- Compatibility with all standard internet browsers including Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer
- User friendly search including an all inclusive airline fare matrix (including Southwest) which will display by schedule, much like many familiar commercial booking sites.
- Pre-booking access to existing unused non-refundable tickets which will allow travelers to make their flight selection based on their inventory.
Continued program benefits that we continue to realize are:
- Electronic fare auditor which searches for and re-books lower fares as found
- 24-hour traveler assistance telephone number
- Ability to book hotel and rental car with air reservation
- Ability to cancel a purchased, non-refundable ticket by 5:00 p.m. the following business day without penalty within Cliqbook
- UW Frequent Flyer account numbers are pre-populated in each employee profile, allowing the UW to earn free tickets for distribution to campuses while also allowing travelers to accrue personal points for future business trips
Because the Cliqbook booking tool is a more costly product (although competitively priced) the price for each airfare booking will increase by $0.25. Below are the contract fees that will go into effect upon implementation of Cliqbook.
- Self-service Cliqbook bookings: $7.25 plus $2.00 airline pass through charge (Please note: this is not a travel agency charge but an airline mandated pass through charge that has been in effect for some time.)
- Agent assisted Cliqbook bookings: $18.25 plus $2.00 airline pass through charge.
- Non-Cliqbook, non-contracted full service agent reservations will remain at the fee of 29.00 + $2.00 airline pass through charge for domestic reservations and $39.00 + $2.00 airline pass though charge for International reservations.
- Our contract does not require using Fox World Travel as a full service travel agency however you may do so according to the non-contract fee schedule outlined above.
Training will be provided in January via webinars and live familiarization sessions. Further information and sign up for the sessions are posted to the travel page at http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/TEWeb/cliqbook/index.html. Register for one of several on-going sessions to learn more about the functionality of Cliqbook. Requirements for the webinars are:
- PC-based attendees – Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
- Macintosh®-based attendees – Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer, Telephone and/or headset for audio