If you plan to submit a proposal to NIH on or after the January 25, 2010 deadline, be sure to consult NIH Notice NOT-OD-09-149 at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-09-149.html for details on the many changes that NIH is making to the standard application format. Changes include:
- Shortening and Restructuring of the Research Plan. For R01 applications, the length of the Research Plan will go from 25 pages to 12 pages.
- New requirements for the Resources section.
- New Biographical Sketch format will include a Personal Statement and a limit of 15 to the list of peer-reviewed publications.
The new Funding Opportunity Announcements, SF424 R&R instructions, and PHS 398 form instructions are expected to be released sometime in December. Cayuse will also keep pace with these changes and release an upgrade to accommodate them as soon as possible. Please note Cayuse training opportunities available on campus in the near future:
- Tuesday, December 15, 9-11 am in 1360 Genetics/Biotech, 425 Henry Mall
- Wednesday, January 6, 9-11 am, 4201 HSLC, 750 Highland Ave
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with your preaward contact in the CALS Research Division (Becky Bound, Julene Gaspard, or Vince Borleske) with any questions or information about planned submissions.This entry was posted in Research and tagged training, Research, funding by . Bookmark the permalink.