The UW-Madison – along with more than 1,000 organizations worldwide – will mark Global Entrepreneurship Week during the week of Nov. 15. Led by its Office of Corporate Relations, the university is taking part in a number of events on and off campus, including:
- Entrepreneurial Boot Camp: From Nov. 15-20, UW-Madison students will visit Wageningen University in the Netherlands to participate in its entrepreneurial boot camp. For more information, contact Gitte Schober at Gitte.Schober@wur.nl.
- Briefing for companies on export control: Monday, Nov. 16, 4:30-5:30 p.m. in Room 50 of the MGE Innovation Center, 510 Charmany Drive. Eric Wilson and Adam Briggs of Godfrey & Kahn, S.C. will explain international trade and transactions, including export and import regulations. To attend, contact Pam Munoz at Munoz@ocr.wisc.edu.
- Kenny Dichter: The Original Bleacher Creature: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 7 p.m. at Heritage Hall in Camp Randall. Dichter will share how he turned his passion for sports into a successful venture. For more information, contact Doug Bradley at Bradley@ocr.wisc.edu.
- Third Annual Entrepreneurial Deli: Wednesday, Nov. 18, 6:30 p.m. in the first floor lounge of Sellery Hall, 821 W. Johnson St. This interactive “deli” will feature mini-presentations by several young entrepreneurs on topics important to those considering new ventures. For more information, contact Molly Lahr at email@example.com.
- Wisconsin Youth Entrepreneurs Conference: Thursday, Nov. 19, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. The conference is dedicated to collegiate, emerging entrepreneurs, and to entrepreneurial education. For more information, contact Jordan Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.