The search and screen committee for the Secretary of the Academic Staff
invites nominations or applications for the position.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison seeks an individual for this position
with strong leadership and interpersonal skills who has a demonstrated
commitment to promoting and supporting governance activities in an academic or other setting and facilitating planning and action within a shared governance structure.
Candidates should have a record of collaborative work, a demonstrated commitment to diversity and promoting a positive workplace climate, strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and outstanding oral and written communication skills. A bachelor’s degree is required. The anticipated start date for this position is June 15.
Additional characteristics of well qualified candidates include:
- Self starter with a proven record of initiating action and following through on tasks
- Demonstrated capacity to independently assess and analyze situations and implement appropriate action, coupled with the judgment to know when to consult with appropriate individuals and bodies, as the situation requires
- Experience chairing or serving on committees
- Experience managing a budget and supervising others
- Experience managing contemporary communication tools, e.g., list management, web and social networking
- Demonstrated proficiency with office productivity tools, e.g., spreadsheet, database and content management
- Detail oriented
- Positive outlook and a willingness to assist where needed.
For detailed information about the position, please see the Position
Vacancy Listing at http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/pvl/pv_061395.html.
Candidates and nominees may also wish to review the web pages maintained by the Secretary of the Academic Staff, located at http://acstaff.wisc.edu.
For full consideration, nominations and applications must be submitted by Friday, April 17, 2009. If you wish to nominate individuals, please send your nominations to the committee as soon as possible.
Nominations and applications may be sent electronically to Carla Love,
Chair of the Search and Screen Committee for the Secretary of the Academic Staff, c/o email@example.com. Questions may be directed to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, candidates should submit an electronic version of a detailed
letter of application addressing how their strengths match the
qualifications for the position, a resume or curriculum vitae, and the
names, addresses and contact information of three to five people who can be contacted for a reference. References will not be contacted until
candidates have been notified.
Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the
applicants must be released upon request. However, the university is
required to release the names of the finalists who will be interviewed by
the provost, if requested.
Members of the Search and Screen Committee include: Carla Love, Susan
Crowley, Lisa Jansen, Rachel Kulow, José Madera, John Mather, Mo Noonan Bischof, Brian Rust, Christopher Thorn, and Tom Wright.
The university is an equal opportunity employer. The committee encourages applications and nominations of women and persons of underrepresented groups.