March 6 is the deadline for applications to Biocore, an intercollege honors program. Biocore is a four-semester course sequence that provides a broad, in-depth, and integrated biology background for students interested in any area of biological science. Biocore is not a major but fulfills some or all of the biology requirements for a variety of biological science majors, including many in the College of Agricultural & Life Sciences as well as those in the College of Letters & Science. The faculty and staff associated with the program are drawn from departments across campus; all care deeply about undergraduate learning.
- Broad, in-depth and integrated biology program preparing students for any biological science major
- High instructor/student ratio
- Peer mentoring, outreach, and directed study opportunities
- Heavy emphasis on problem solving, critical thinking and the process of science
- Tight, supportive learning community
- General Chemistry 104, 109, or 115
- First Semester Calculus: Math 221 (or equivalent)
- Fall 2007 (or previous) enrollment in Organic Chemistry 343
- Reasonable grades
Application materials are available from the Biocore Office, 345 Noland Hall, or online at http://www.biocore.wisc.edu/biocore. Deadline is Friday, March 6, 2009. We will continue to accept late applications until all available openings are filled through the start of classes in Fall 2009. You can learn more about Biocore and our courses by visiting the Biocore web-site or contacting Dr. Janet Batzli (email@example.com), Biocore undergraduate advisor.