The Research Division is funding a Hatch and McIntire-Stennis capital exercise primarily to fund requests for major items used to support these research programs. Please submit the attached FY 2008-2009 Hatch/McIntire-Stennis Capital Priority List to Angie Seitler, 146 Agricultural Hall, no later than Friday, January 9, 2009. You will be notified by Friday, January 23, 2009, of the items that have been approved for purchase. Requisitions for funded items will be due by Friday, February 20, 2009 (if requisitions are not received by this deadline, funding may not be available).
Prepare your department’s capital priority list considering the following:
1. Use the attached form to list equipment requests, prices, faculty users, and their Hatch or McIntire-Stennis project numbers. All equipment listed must be prioritized.
(The FY 2008-2009 Hatch/McIntire-Stennis Capital Priority List form can also be downloaded from our website at: http://www.cals.wisc.edu/research/waes/management.html?3?Cp5)
2. The requested equipment must directly benefit Hatch or McIntire-Stennis project research. Multiple-user equipment benefiting several investigators will receive priority consideration. For multiple-user equipment, identify faculty users who have Hatch or McIntire-Stennis projects and list sources of matching funds that are available to help fund the requests.
3. No office/administrative equipment can be purchased in this exercise. Requests for research computers will receive low priority and, if approved, will be subject to a 50% matching fund requirement.
4. Equipment items costing less than $5,000 will be considered even though these fall in the “Supplies and Expenses” category as defined by campus.
5. Projects terminating on 09/30/09 are not eligible for this exercise.
6. Projects beginning on 10/01/09 are not eligible for this exercise.
7. 50% match is required.
8. Other 142 projects cannot be used as the 50% match.
Please feel free to contact Angie Seitler (261-1432) if you have questions.