The American Institute of Chemical Engineers Society of Biological Engineering is offering a new executive course on “Science and the Emerging Bioeconomy” on December 3-5, 2008 at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. This intensive course is targeted for those who need to understand the developing field of biomass for energy and chemicals, the rapidly advancing science, regulatory and policy shifts, the economics of the technology and its competition, and research and development alliances.
Key learnings will include:
- An overview of the biotechnology in converting biomass to liquid fuels
- The processes including pretreatment, fermentation, enzymatic hydrolysis, and thermochemical conversion
- Key challenges for economical processes
- How to evaluate different processes
- The impact of policy and politics on the bioeconomy
To find out more, go to http://www.aiche.org/energy/education/courses_training.aspxThis entry was posted in Uncategorized by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.