Best Practices: Gift Checks

When routing gifts to the CALS Research Division office, please remember to use the new gift-routing form. We will not accept the old t-form. The new gift routing form can be found on our website at under “Routing and Approval.”

For the signature page, please make sure the Principal Investigator and the department chair sign the form. If you are depositing into a chair account, the chair will sign as the PI, and the department administrator (or someone else who is authorized) will sign as the chair. The chair of the department cannot sign as both PI and chair. If that is the case, the gift form will be returned to the department for correction, which will delay processing of the check.

If you have any questions related to routing gift checks, please contact Casey Hillmer, (608) 262-2397 or