May 31 is the application deadline for the 2008 Wisconsin Entrepreneurial Bootcamp, and intensive summer program for science and engineering graduate students. Following is text from the program flyer, which can also be downloaded here.
Are you a graduate student in science or engineering interested in:
- Key tools and concepts for starting a new firm?
- How to measure and assess products and markets for ideas?
- How to understand and use financial analysis?
- How to form and fund a technology-based start-up?
- The passion and perils of entrepreneurship?
If so, Dean Michael Knetter, School of Business, invites you to apply to the new program:
2008 WEB: WISCONSIN ENTREPRENEURIAL BOOTCAMP
Program includes face-to-face sessions with:
- John Morgridge – Former Chairman/CEO, CISCO Systems. UW alum. WEB sponsor.
- Steven Burrill – Founder Burrill & Co. UW alum. Burrill Business Plan sponsor.
- Mark Leslie – Took Veritas Software from 12 to >5,000 employees
- Top UW faculty and community experts on start-ups, intellectual property, and funding.
WHEN: Sunday, July 20 through Friday, July 25. Full time, full immersion program with evening assignments and events
WHERE: UW- Madison, Grainger Hall.
ELIGIBILITY: Physical, life science or engineering graduate students or post docs preferred. Students must be enrolled at UW-Madison. Competitive admissions with limited seats.
COST: No cost to participants due to generous donations from program sponsors.
- Imagining and assessing products and markets
- Key features of life sciences industries
- Funding sources and financial analysis for start-ups
- Intellectual property techniques and strategies
- Business models as an art form. Authenticity in entrepreneurship.
Anticipated activities: Readings, case analyses, real-time work with ideas, lively social events, expert panels, practice in financial and market assessment and other tools.
This is not a sit-back and listen part-time course. It’s an exciting, dig-deep, learning experience. You are strongly encouraged to have a faculty sponsor for this program.
TO APPLY PLEASE GO TO http://www.bus.wisc.edu/weinertcenter/web.aspThis entry was posted in Uncategorized by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.