The annual ERA enrollment period is October 8 – November 16, 2007 . You must enroll annually! This fall, for the first time, the ERA enrollment information is being provided to employees electronically. You may download the ERA Summary Guide at http://etf.wi.gov/publications/era_2008summary_guide.pdf. The summary guide contains important and useful information. We suggest that you retain the URL for reference throughout the year. The ERA program is administered by Fringe Benefits Management Company (FBMC).
QUICK FACTS ABOUT ERA
- Offers a tax-free Medical Expense Account.
- You can be reimbursed for non-covered medical expenses, such as copayments and deductibles, eyeglasses, laser eye surgery, in vitro fertilization, medical mileage, and certain categories of over-the-counter drugs and supplies. A more complete list of covered expenses is found on page 4 of the ERA Summary Guide and in the ERA Benefits Guide.
- The minimum annual contribution is $100. The annual maximum contribution is $7,500.
- Offers a tax-free Dependent Care Account.
- You can be reimbursed for eligible childcare for children under age 13.
- The minimum annual contribution is $100. The annual maximum contribution is $5,000 per family. See page 5 of the attached ERA Summary Guide for more details.
- Expenses for the Medical Expense Account and the Dependent Care Account must be incurred between January 1, 2008 and March 15, 2009. All claims must be submitted to Fringe Benefits Management Company for reimbursement by April 15, 2009.
- Enroll on-line at www.myFBMC.com; or
- Enroll by telephone by calling 1-800-847-8253
Call or log on anytime between October 8 and November 16, 2007. The enrollment line closes at 9 p.m. CST on November 16, 2007
If you wish to view the full ERA booklet in addition to the attached Summary, go to http://etf.wi.gov/publications/era_2008booklet.pdf or request the 2008 ERA booklet from FBMC by calling 1-866-440-7149 or emailing ERABenefitsGuide@fbmc-benefits.com You can also contact your campus benefits office to review or obtain an ERA brochure.