Proposals are due June 15 for Global Education 2007: Best Practices in International Education, an Oct. 14-16 conference that will will showcase model initiatives in global/international education. Organizers invite you to submit proposals in order to share and discover innovative responses to the challenge of global leadership. Presentations are typically informal descriptions of best practices rather than formal academic papers. The conference will be held at the Heidel House Resort in Green Lake, Wis.
The conference is co-sponsored by the UW System, the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, the Wisconsin Technical College System Standing Committee on International Education, and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Conference planners are seeking presentations that highlight best practices in a wide variety of curricular and program areas, including:
- Evaluation and assessment of international programs
- Internationalizing the curriculum/curriculum infusion
- K-12 international education and student teaching training abroad
- World and heritage languages (articulation between k-12 and postsecondary institutions)
- International student services on campus
- International collaboration agreements (including collaborations with the business sector)
- Legal issues and regulations (SEVIS, Homeland Security, risk management, etc.)
Wherever possible, presentations should include information on how educational outcomes have been or will be assessed.
To keep the conference affordable for all participants, presenters will be responsible for the $195 registration fee (which includes all conference materials and meals) plus lodging costs. Students will pay a special rate to cover meal expenses for each day they participate.
Please download the conference call for proposals and a proposal form for more information. TProposals are due Friday, June 15, 2007. Please address questions to the Office of Academic & Student Services at UW System Administration at 608-262-8778 or email@example.com.
Please share this information with persons you know are involved in international/global education activities and others who may be interested in attending the conference.Uncategorized by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.