May 23 is the registration deadline for the 2007 UW-Madison Teaching & Learning Symposium May 30 – 31, 2007, Pyle Center May 31June 1. The event offers workshops and open houses in various campus locations. To view the schedule and to register on-line, go to: www.learning.wisc.edu/tlsymposium.
Please note that registration may be required for some of the workshops, open houses and tours on Thursday afternoon and Friday.
You are invited to attend the symposium to explore these and other topics:
- using the world outside the campus as a classroom
- successful models of enriched, experiential teaching and learning as a part of undergraduate, graduate, and professional education
- models of enriched learning in particular disciplinary/interdisciplinary context
- inclusive teaching practices to engage diverse students in enriched, experiential learning
- models for expanding the content of our courses to include broader aspects of diversity
- using technology to enhance learning
- assessment of learning and the ways it can be used to enrich students’ learning experiences
The 2007 Teaching & Learning Symposium is sponsored by the UW-Madison Teaching and Learning Council, which thanks the following groups for their generous co-sponsorship: Delta, Integrating Research, Teaching, and Learning; DoIT Academic Technology; the General Library System; the Office of Human Resource Development; the Office of the Provost; the Teaching Academy; the Teaching and Learning Council; University Communications; and University Health Services.