Submission are welcome! The eCALS blog and eCALS newsletter are for sharing pertinent news and information with CALS faculty, staff and graduate students. Posts are added to the blog throughout the week. A week’s worth of posts are shared via the eCALS newsletter each Monday afternoon.
As you compose your eCALS post, please follow these guidelines:
- Tailor the content of your post to the eCALS audience(s) you have in mind: CALS faculty, staff and/or grad students.
- Put your most important message up near the top; don’t bury the key information you want to share.
- This is a “plain text” submission form. It does not use/accept formatting such as bold text, bullet points and hyperlinks. eCALS editors will add this kind of formatting, as needed.
- Links/urls: To include pertinent links/urls in your post, copy-and-paste the full link/url address into the body of the post.
- Contact info: Please include contact info at the bottom of the post, so readers know who to contact for more information.
- Additional images: This submission form only accepts one image file. If you’d like your post to include more than one, please send additional images to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing your submission.
If your post is about an upcoming event, be sure to add it to the UW–Madison events calendar and tag it as “CALS.”
All submissions will be reviewed prior to publication and will be posted as soon as possible after they are received. Submissions will be edited minimally, with the primary goals of improving clarity, increasing readability and adding basic formatting.
Note: Before you hit “Submit,” please save the text of your post to a Word document. That way, if you encounter an error message when you submit your post (which sometimes happens), you can easily send the submission as an email attachment to email@example.com.