CALS is seeking candidates for the open position opportunity of Associate Dean for Research (ADR) in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. This opportunity is open to tenured faculty in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. The successful candidate will serve as the chief research officer and will advise the Dean and serve on the Dean’s senior leadership team and maintain relationships with research partners and stakeholders on campus, in Wisconsin, and beyond. The application deadline is Dec, 1, 2022. The position announcement — Position Vacancy Listing #268761— is available on the Jobs@UW website under Internal position opportunities.
The search and screen committee is being chaired by Brian Fox, Professor and Chair of Biochemistry. The search and screen committee members are:
- Michael Bertram, Arlington Superintendent, ARS
- Victor Cabrera, Professor, Animal and Dairy Sciences
- Shelby Ellison, Assistant Professor, Horticulture
- Nan Enstad, Professor, Community and Environmental Sociology
- Sarah Johnson-Schlueter, SPGC Compliance Manager, CALS Research Division
- Gloria Mari-Beffa, Professor and Associate Dean, Department of Mathematics (L&S)
- Paul Stoy, Associate Professor, Biological Systems Engineering
If this position interests you, we welcome and encourage your application. Information regarding the application process follows.
Since this opportunity is open only to faculty in the CALS/UW–Madison, please take the following steps to access the announcement via the INTERNAL application process.
- Go to: https://jobs.wisc.edu/
- Click on the INTERNAL box
- Login using your NetID and Password
- Once you Login, the Associate Dean for Research position (ADR) posting will appear in the list of opportunities
- Click on the red Associate Dean for Research text for the full announcement
If you wish to apply for this position, please click on “APPLY NOW” which will take you through the application process. You will be asked to upload the following materials:
- Cover letter including a statement of vision for the role of Associate Dean for Research position (ADR)
- Curriculum vitae
- References: contact information for three references (please include name, address, phone number, email address, and relationship).
For questions on the application process, contact Todd Schry in CALS Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org (608) 890-1677.
For additional information about the position, contact:
(608) 265-2507, email@example.com