The CALS International Committee invites CALS departments, institutes, centers, and student organizations to submit proposals to bring to campus speakers who will enhance the College’s international dimensions in any of a number of ways, such as by addressing important international issues, and/or bringing expertise from another country, or furthering relations with international institutions, etc.
Applications are due January 31, 2008, and the funds must be spent within one year. A total of $1,000 is available this round, and in subsequent rounds $2,000 will be available. The maximum grant is $1,000.
Please provide the following information in no more than two pages:
- Unit(s) submitting proposal (submissions by more than one unit are welcome)
- Contact person’s name, email, and phone
- Speaker’s name, title, and home institution
- Brief explanation of the speaker’s qualifications (alternatively, you may attach the speaker’s CV or other evidence of qualifications)
- Title/subject of public lecture/seminar and anticipated audience (nature and number)
- Other activities planned for the speaker, e.g., teaching classes, meetings with students or faculty, radio show, community outreach, etc. (optional/encouraged)
- Brief explanation of how this speaker will enhance internationalization within your unit (required); and beyond (optional/encouraged).
- Amount requested.
- (Optional) Source and amount of other funds you will use or will apply for to supplement this grant. Note: Information for this proposal is very similar that requested by the University Lectures Committee. Their average award is about $1,000, and the success rate is almost 90 percent.
Note: You need not secure the speaker’s agreement before submitting this proposal, but if you are proposing a very high profile speaker, please indicate why you expect her/him to accept your invitation. Speakers can come from the United States or other countries.This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged International by jsindelar. Bookmark the permalink.